This is no more relevant.
Please read What's new in GATE 2016.
We know that GATE is becoming more and more competitive as the number of graduates taking the exam across the country is rising every year. Qualifying the GATE examination, a few years back, would get you a seat in a prestigious Engineering Institute such as IITs/NITs/IISC for higher education/PG. But today, in addition to that, a high GATE score will get you a job in PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings). And this is the reason for this sudden rise in popularity of GATE in last few years.
Seeing the high rate of rising number of candidates, the organizing committee of GATE 2014 has decided to make some changes in the examination pattern. Here's what you need to know about GATE 2014:
- GATE 2014 will be conducted by IIT Kharagpur.
- This time we have 22 papers instead of 21 due to introduction of a new paper “Ecology and Evolution”
- The major change that candidates are going to face is the CBT (Computer based test). It has been announced that examinations for all the 22 subjects will be conducted ONLINE this year. Last year the examinations for papers “CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, and PI” were taken offline through ORS filling method.
- Another major change is the introduction of ‘Numerical Answer type questions’. For these questions the candidates have to enter the numerical value of their answer using a virtual keypad provided in the webpage itself.
- The examinations will be held on alternate weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 1st February 2014 and 2nd March 2014, during forenoon and afternoon sessions.
-(Source: Gate 2014 website)
If you like this article, you can share it by clicking on the facebook or twitter button below.